Confession: some days I exist on pickles and lunch meat.
When I’m not swilling from a Claussen jar, I’m searching Pinterest for new recipe ideas. I’m finding that most of my searches are just trying to recreate old favorites in a way that works for this way of eating.
Last night I stumbled upon a recipe for keto gnocchi – believe it or not – and if it doesn’t work and taste like pasta, it will be a soul-crushing defeat. This week I’m really missing pasta. Like the deserts miss the rain. So let’s all say a prayer that this works because if I have to eat another zoodle I’m going to scream. Quit trying to be something you’re not, zucchini.
That’s a picture from my old life.
The list of garbage foods I need to try to recreate keto-style keeps growing. I’m pretty sure I’d attempt Chef Boyardee ravioli if I thought it was possible.
- Pizza Rolls (I’ve wondered about just sucking the filling out but I don’t think I can track that on My Fitness Pal)
- Ramen (Is that one even possible? And will it only cost 20 cents?)
- French Fries (I will try until I succeed, zucchini and other things that aren’t remotely fries)
- Corn Dogs (Because life’s a fair)
- Mac & Cheese (does Velveeta make a cauliflower shells and cheese?)
I have noticed it gets easier the longer you resist. Today I walked past a hot pretzel stand without longing for one and you’d think I won an Olympic medal I was so proud.
Anyway, recipe attempts for some of these will follow soon.
Have you converted any of your old favorites to new favorites?